Thursday, February 26, 2009

I've forgotten how to write

I can't find some important documents. (Once we get back to Lexington I'm never moving again. Which I guess means we'll have to stay in the Gondola house, too.) Anyway, as I was looking for them I can across a ream or so of writing from 10-15 years ago. Now I've never been any great shakes writing fiction, but portions of what I was doing back then had promise.

Then I started to look at my emails from that time period. Something has definitely slipped.

I blame Lexmark and the stupid people who use print and multifunction print devices. After a decade where the goal of all of my writing was to communicate as clearly as possible in as few simple words as possible, I find that I am out of practice with writing for people like myself. You know, smart people, the ones who don't necessarily move their lips when reading and can actually follow an argument for longer than a sound byte. And communicating via Twitter and, yes, blogs like this hasn't done my style any good, either.

Allowing my talent for elegant writing to so fall into disuse that it appears I no longer possess it is depressing. I should do something about that.

2 comments:

Erik Ackerman said...

How about another draft of Shadow Boxing? I can put my hands on a draft (even a PDF) if that helps.

Rachat de credit said...

Thanks a lot it was a fantastic help, now to write is very easy by using your guidance. Kudos