Monday, March 2, 2009

Barbarians

My heart goes out to my Indian friends. Apparently it is a crime to tell the truth about religions in India. This article in the Independent gives sufficient explanation and information for further pursuit of the situation: http://tinyurl.com/bny9ma

Who knew that such a disgusting law existed in India? Not I. But the law isn't the extent of the shamefulness in this case, apparently some barbaric Muslims blocked roads and attacked policeman in response to the reprinting of the article by Johann Hari. And why did these ridiculous people turn to violence? Because someone wrote a few words about someone long dead? Allah, like all other god(s)ess(es) is, of course, completely fictional, but if he weren't, if he were real, wouldn't you think that his Prophet on Earth could stand up to a little name calling? Five year olds stand being called names on the playground every day, but this Prophet fellow gets his nose out of joint to the point of violence over nothing but words? And accurate words at that? My, my, what a baby. And what a stupid bunch of followers this baby must have if violence is their answer to speech.

We have our own barbarians here in America, primarily of the Christian stripe. For the most part our religious violence is sly, hidden and isolated, and our govenrment organs, particularly the police, are fiercely protective of their theoretical monopoly on large scale violence. So we export most of the violence. (Hi, Iraq! How ya' doin'?)

Barbarians. So many, many barbarians. To Johann Hari, and, more importantly, to Ravindra Kumar and Anand Sinha I send my respect and my sympathy and my admiration. Good luck, and thank you for your actions. The world needs more people like you.

No comments: